No Natalie, from CrossFit Valley Park, I don’t have a direct line to Dave Castro. And Yes Rick, from CrossFit O’Fallon, I will be getting tutorials out on muscle ups, pistols and double unders soon.
However, we focus today on 18.1. This workout is a major test in the following areas
- Grip/Cardio Capacity – It’s a 5K, so don’t go out too fast or too slow… calm through 5 minutes, okay through 15, grind to 20
- Low Back Management – Hip Hinge vs. Low Back Flex
- Find Your “Efficient” Toe to Bar – Don’t get sloppy with your legs and low back
- Don’t Struggle Through TTB reps, break them up or do singles when necessary – This is a MUST
- KBS or Front Rack return of dumbell? Doesn’t matter, just find a rythym and practice this a lot prior to doing the workout
- Stay Tight and Quick in the Bottom POSITIONS of the Clean and Jerk – short bits of work, mostly rest
- Sprint-ish Start in the Row – Get some cals going early to cruise late
- Be efficient with your low back stability and hip drive
The video highlights details about each point and shows a progression of my workout to give you an idea of what you are up against regarding maintenance of consistency for efficiency.
Good Luck and Keep Moving